Alcalingua is the centre of Alcalá University dedicated to teaching Spanish to foreign students. Its activities include different educational aspects: teaching Spanish language and culture, teachers training, Spanish for specific purposes, special programs for companies, Spanish for immigrants….
The Centre is located in Alcalá de Henares, a town where history and modernity come together in a cosmopolitan atmosphere, just 30 minutes from Madrid by public transport.
- Ten teaching classrooms with interactive whiteboards and audio and video equipment.
- A computer laboratory for students.
- Wi-fi throughout the building.
- Study and social areas equipped with appropriate furniture for students to meet in groups to chat or work.
- A Student Services area where students can obtain information and advice on the following: study management, accommodation, visas, extracurricular activities, help with consular services and help with banking procedures.
- In addition, students can use the other facilities at the University of Alcala: libraries, sports facilities, the fine arts room, the music room and the theatre and film hall, among others.
Alcalingua is engaged in technological and methodological research and updating through European collaboration programmes, participation with state institutions and with the University of Alcala.
We are also involved in a constant process of developing and digitising new materials to improve the quality of teaching and transmit Spanish language and culture to students, wherever they are.
Alcalingua holds an award for commitment to Tourist Quality.